You never, ever tell people how bad they are. My first suggestion is to read, “How to Win Friends and Influence People”… see how to make suggestions to people. Always tell them what they do good and then suggest things in context of how it will benefit them. Also, you have to get their permission to get help. Otherwise they won’t hear a thing. Say things like, “I LOVE that you sent me an email and are trying to reach out. I specialize in email marketing and think you’re doing the right stuff. I recently wrote an article on 5 fatal mistakes you should never make with emails… and how to avoid them. I thought you might like a copy of the article. Do want me to send it to you?” If they say yes, then the door is open. Write the article, send it, and then follow up with them. Always try to get clients to take lots of small steps with you as opposed to a few large steps. It invokes commitment and consistency.
– Recent Posts –
- Shaping and Sending Your Query Letter: The Preparation You MUST Do Before You Write, And What to Do Afterwards
- Get Recognized As the Expert You Are: 4 Key Points to Build Your Query Letter and Achieve Expert Status
- The Day I Lost $5,000 is the Day My Success Finally Began…
- How to Have Confidence Landing Big Clients as a New Writer
- The One Secret New Writers Use to Land Clients Fast